- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
- Live with the 3 E’s - Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
- Play more games.
- Read more books than you did in 2011.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
- Sleep for 7 hours.
- Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
- Dream more while you are awake.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
- Smile and laugh more.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Call your family often.
- Each day give something good to others.
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Do the right thing!
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- The best is yet to come.
- Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
I must of first read this post about a year ago, and it’s something I really took it to heart. It’s strange how much I’ve progressed since then, I’ve integrated a fair few of these into my outlook on life. I swear posts like this contributed to helping me get out of my depressive slump. This is why I’m so grateful for a tumblr.
did I ever tell you I used to read the welsh version of harry potter as a kid
"hogwarts’ fast train"
with such loveable characters as
and of course who could forget the four houses
and possibly the most dignified
Fun things to say when someone tells you they’re going to go to the bathroom:
- Stay safe
- That’s what they all say
- Different strokes for different folks
- I hope you have the time of your life
- But you have so much to live for
- Please explain
- Do you need a hug?
- Take my sword
- The dragon walks alone
- That’s not the code word
- I wish I could do that. I haven’t been able to…since the accident
How to Scramble Eggs with Gordon Ramsay
1. he seems like a chill mofo to hang with
2. what the hell have i been eating my entire life
Can I make this for someone?! :o I really wanna try this but I don’t really like eggs…
this is so beautifully simple and extravagant i think i might cry about it.
I LOVE THIS CLASSY ASSHOLE
Every time a serious clash begins somewhere in the world, John and I get a ton of messages saying “CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS PLACE?!!”
You know why we get those messages? Because the news media DOESN’T DO IT! The news appears to think that their purpose is to tell you what politicians are saying about it, give you some gritty details of what life is like on the ground, and then sprinkle in the smallest amount of context as possible. Also, if they can stick in lots of pictures and videos of burning things, that’s good.
I’m happy to make those videos, but part of me wonders why it’s up to me. Why are there tens of thousands of people working at dozens of news networks incapable of giving context to the most important events currently going on in the world. Why does /my/ Twitter blow up? Why isn’t Anderson Cooper’s twitter filled with requests from people who want to know more than what is happening? People want to know why!
Yes, it’s complicated. Yes, it’s nuanced. Yes, there are many different facets to the story…but can you spend a couple paragraphs on that complexity? Maybe devote a few minutes on your cable news show to more than listing the number of casualties while slowly zooming in on a fire.